The beautiful region of Tuscany is known worldwide for its soft hills and warm summer colours. Among its yellow sunflowers, green cypress and red wine there is also the summery black truffle. The hunt and harvest of the Black Truffle in San Miniato starts the 1st of June. It can be found throughout the warm months and sometimes in autumn too. Despite its low economical value – when compared with the precious white truffle – its taste and smell is highly appreciated and suits well together with many dishes.
The main characteristic of the Black Truffle is its skin: is the peel of the truffle which is particularly hard and warty. The smell is mushroomy like porcini and freshly earthy. Unlike the winter White Truffle of San Miniato, the Summer Truffle can also be served cooked as well as into flake.
The 𝗙𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝗕𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗧𝗿𝘂𝗳𝗳𝗹𝗲 𝗙𝗮𝗶𝗿 𝗼𝗳 𝗦𝗮𝗻 𝗠𝗶𝗻𝗶𝗮𝘁𝗼 is the hot news in town!
There are 17 Restaurants who take part in the Black Truffle Fair: each of them will prepare a special Black Truffle Menù along the summer.
Here the calendar and their info:
- RISTORANTE GENOVINI – 9 GIUGNO
- RISTORANTE MAGGESE – 16 GIUGNO
- CAFFÈ BONAPARTE – 23 GIUGNO
- PIZZERIA DEMETRA – 23 GIUGNO
- PIZZERIA OSTERIA VECCHIO CINEMA – 30 GIUGNO
- RISTORANTE BLACK & WHITE – 30 GIUGNO
- RISTORANTE PAPAVERI E PAPERE – 7 LUGLIO
- ESSENZA IN SAN MINIATO –14 LUGLIO
- RISTORANTE PEPENERO – 21 LUGLIO
- OLIVUM L’OSTERIA DI ARMANDO – 28 LUGLIO
- RETROBOTTEGA DELLA MACELLERIA FALASCHI – 4 AGOSTO
- PICCOLA OSTERIA DEL TARTUFO E ENOTECA – 11 AGOSTO
- LA BISTECCHERIA – 11 AGOSTO
- OSTERIA SENTIERI – 18 AGOSTO
- RISTORANTE CASTELVECCHIO VILLA SONNINO – 25 AGOSTO
- OSTERIA ENOTECA L’UPUPA – 25 AGOSTO
- ANTICO RISTORO LE COLOMBAIE